Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Miniature Cookie Cakes

I received some cute silicone bakeware two semesters ago and have recently been brainstorming how to actually use it. When I found out I would be babysitting at my apartment this evening, I decided to make cookies for us to decorate together. Chocolate chip cookies are the best thing ever. So, I put these three things together and decided to make shaped chocolate chip cookies.The cookie dough (here's a tip for chocolate chip cookies-add a teaspoon or two of cornstarch to the dough to give them that perfect chewy texture!) could just be applied straight to the pans. I placed them on a cookie sheet in the oven, baked for 10-12 minutes, and they came out beautifully with no mess.

I decided to make double layer cookie cakes for my Resident Assistant (RA) this semester and for my roommate who had a birthday this summer. I frosted one cookie and placed the other on top, just like a double layer cake. After frosting the outside, I used my VERY elementary piping skills to decorate. I really love how this one came out!Here's Morgan's double-layer-star-shaped-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake with tie-dye frosting hanging out in the fridge waiting for her to move in tomorrow.I frosted some cookies to give to my Resident Director (along with a bird card, of course!)And here's the rabbit cookies we decorated this evening!Ada had fun putting sprinkles on the cookies. . .And eating the sprinkles!!P.S. Just for information, I don't believe you actually have to have a Blogger account to comment on blogs. Not that I'm hinting or anything!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dori,
    I'll happily comment. I love your blog and your creations. Feel free to travel through MN and share some of yummy goodness with us anytime. I also wanted to say I love how thoughtful you are! You are an amazing young woman!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's my girl:) Thanks for watching her tonight. She ate the other half of her cookie in the car on the way home.
    The double layer cookies look amazing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to make some for us while you are here in Bolivia? You know there will be a work team here. Maybe you could take charge of all the desserts, o would be rather be hauling bricks and cement?!

    ReplyDelete